About the Organiser – Brand Catalyser
Brand Catalyser (BC) is an advertising agency based in Melbourne, Adelaide, Shanghai and Nanchang. BC helps brands to build a better brand experience for Chinese customers through our knowledge and expertise of local markets with the aim to overcome language, cultural and behavioural barriers. Our founders noticed the glaring gap between Australian businesses and the Asian markets (especially China) and thus, BC was established.
We are a full service marketing agency specialising in cross-border and cross-cultural marketing consultancy, social media marketing, SEO & SEM, event management, KOL management, etc.
Our clients are ANZ & Chinese brands and enterprises, comprising various fields such as beauty, real estate, health, fashion and food and beverage industries. These brands include but are not limited to CherryHill Orchard, GO Healthy, Alibaba, Sukin, Natio, Deakin University, Secret Kitchen and Growland.
Learn more on our official website: https://brandcatalyser.com/
About the Bootcamp
- Are you keen to learn practical graphic design skills from experienced designers?
- Are you excellent at writing but are not sure how to get a job with your passion?
- Are you motivated to learn about campaign and brand strategies?
- Are you curious about how data and analytics can be used to solve business problems?
Here at Brand Catalyser, we want to give Chinese-speaking students of all majors a chance to use their language skills through a local internship. Just like how we founded Brand Catalyser, we want to establish a platform for international students to showcase their talent in a foreign country and work with local brands. We are offering a 10-week intensive bootcamp in summer 2020-21, from 23 Nov 2020 to 12 Feb 2021. Through this bootcamp, we will provide structured training for newcomers to advertising agencies, practical internship experience for your resume and full pitch experiences to test your skills.
In the Bootcamp, you are free to choose from several different areas:
- Client pitching & strategy
- Content creation: copywriting
- Content creation: design
- Account management & Client liaison
- KOL management
- SEO & SEM
- Event management
If there is something else you would like to learn or are interested in, let us know in your cover letter.
What You Will Get
- Training & Industry Reports
Train with the knowledge that you will need in this line of work.
Train with experiences that you can use in your future studies and career.
Train with case studies with real numbers that change the world.
- Working Experiences
Work with a mentor and team in your daily routine and with clients to solve problems together and make your project succeed.
- 1-to-1 Mentoring
Your experienced mentor will help you develop and hone your skills. You will set a goal at the beginning of the bootcamp and your mentor will help you achieve it along the way. They are there to offer you insightful advice and to answer your questions at any time.
- Real and Practical Campaign Experience
You will get to work on a real campaign brief. You will be working alongside the team to develop an end-to-end campaign response to pitch to the client.
- Completion letter
All interns who finished this 10-week bootcamp successfully will be given a completion letter as a proof.
- Reference letter
A reference letter from the founders of Brand Catalyser will be given to exceptionally-performing interns, which can provide a stepping stone to the next stage in your career.
- Undergraduates who are keen to learn more about the advertising industry
- Full professional proficiency in both oral and written for Chinese and English.
- Majoring in advertising or communications is not a must, but demonstrate why you want to intern in this industry in your cover letter.
- Available to work on-site (Melbourne city) from 23 Nov to 18 Dec at least 3 days a week. Available to do research and finish your campaign task from 5 Jan to 29 Jan with your team members and pitch on Friday 12 Feb.
23 – 27 November
Weeks 2 & 3
30 November – 11 December
14 – 18 December
23 December – 2 January
4 – 8 January
Weeks 6 & 7
11 – 22 January
Weeks 8 & 9
25 – 29 January
1 – 5 February
- Key dates:
Bootcamp Commence on Monday 23 Nov
Bootcamp Graduation on Friday 12 Feb
Note: 23 Dec- 2 Jan is public holiday
Christie Ding – Client Solutions Director, Co-founder of Brand Catalyser
- 8+years experience in the Media and communities industry
- B&T 30Under30 Winner
- Rising Star of Uni Melb Alumni Award
- Lecturer & mentor at RMIT
Hazel Hu – Head of Asia-Pacific Market, Co-founder of Brand Catalyser
8 years experience in Chinese marketing business including in advertising, media, performance, entertainment, MCN and e-Commerce.
More mentors to be added to match your skill set and help you the best.
Please send us a CV and a cover letter demonstrating “which areas you want to learn/experience/develop from us, and relative skills and achievements” to [email protected]. If you have a portfolio of past creative works or written reports, please feel free to attach it. We will only reply to those that are selected for the next round.